Sunday, September 6, 2009

TV on the Radio Take a Break, Jack White has yet Another Side Project, and Other Blips on My Radar




That picture is all sorts of too big. Shitty Blogger... won't even let me choose the amount of pixels I want.

Alright I'm over it and moving on. I have a lot of new music news (redundant i know) for you all tonight/this morning:

First of all, perhaps my favorite discovery of 2008, TV on the Radio, as announced that they will be taking a year off as a band, meaning we may not see a new album until 2010 (I believe they are deciding between Return to Brownie Hill and Dear Anthropology for the albums title).

But fear not beloved TVotR fans, Kyp Malone has a new self-titled cd coming out in september under the name Rain Machine (he makes it rain I guess?). Here's the first track he's given us called "Smiling Black Faces". Tell me what you think.

-----------

Next, have any of you heard of this black and white jackass with the banjo up there? His name's Jack White and I have a feeling he's gonna be a big star. Anyway, Keith Richards has been recording new material with him at his southern studio and people (Spinner) are saying there is a possibility that White will be producing the Rolling Stones' next posthumous album. Interesting.

You should check out some of this guys stuff.

He's been making music for like 10+ years now I can't believe no one caught onto him. Weird.

-----------

Thom Yorke also is making news as usual. This time, however, its for a physical release from the Radiohead frontman coming soon. Read more at stereogum! This news comes right after a hypebot feature on how album sales are even deeper in the shitter than a year ago :)

Speaking of Radiohead (sorry Matt Belamy it really was just too easy) Muse has a new video out now for their single "Uprising" from the upcoming, and so far, to my knowledge, unleaked, Resistance album. Watch it here.

----------

Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young knock-off Monsters of Folk released their cover art recently, check it out here and download to their first single "Say Please". Despite my sarcasm I actually think its pretty great and even though I've only heard a couple songs from each of those four guys you see, this song is making me want to go back and check out deeper. Maybe I'll even do a feature on the supergroup.....

---------

Finally, if Nostradmus, the Mayans, science, and Hollywood don't already have you convinced that the Apocalypse is approaching, here's your first sign: Britneys Spears ft. Lil Wayne. The tracks called Bad Girl.

Sorry for the sarcasm, I hope it wasn't lost on you guys haha.
As always,
Nick


Songs that may or may not be related to this post (a.k.a. mp3 grab bag!!!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment