Thursday, September 10, 2009

New track from A.F.I.'s Crash Love


I assume that all of my readers have an at least somewhat deep-rooted passion for music - that is why they come here and to blogs like nclrMUSiC. I am only 18 years old but for the last 6 or 7 of those years I have been very passionate about music, just like you, and have been exposing myself to new music and constantly finding new acts that interest me. Too many people, however, are trapped within the Top 40 mindset that America inflicts upon us. It is a mental prison.

Well, one of the first bands to break me out of this prison was A.F.I., short for A Fire Inside. They were, in those days, a very punk-oriented emo rock band who frequented the Vans Warped Tour, as did many of the bands that I hold close to my hearts as classics.

I first found these guys in 2003. Now, it is nearing the last quarter of 2009 and they are set to release Crash Love, the bands 8th studio album but 2nd since the one that first caught my attention and only one since Decemberunderground that caught the attention of MTV and the mass media with the breakout track "Miss Murder".

Since this media attention, the band has been touring, but managed to release a song for Guitar Hero called "Carcinogen Crush", which in my opinion one of their best pop efforts. Also, in 2007 lead singer Davey Havok and guitarist Jade Puget released the album CexCells under their side-project moniker Blaqk Audio. This album is a German industrial/house-based masterpiece with otherworldly textures that combine science fiction and raw emotion effortlessly. I do not frequently listen to music from this genre, but this CD spans the gap between indie rock and techno, making house easily accessible to the non-accustomed ear.

Today, at www.veronikasawyer.com, the band has made a new track from their upcoming release available for download. It is called "Fainting Spells" and once again the band continues to captivate, excite, and surprise me. The track is Havok's unique and enticing vocals backed by an acoustic guitar, until it breaks into a punk-rock charged frenzy - anthemic as is most of this bands art.

Crash Love is out on September 28th. In the meantime you can check out some of these songs from AFI's extensive body of work:


-Nick



No comments:

Post a Comment