Monday, October 5, 2009

Vampire Weekend - Horchata


A track from Vampire Weekend's upcoming January release Contra hit the web the other day and its called "Horchata". Don't worry, I took the liberty of attaching its definition for those of us who don't have quite the expansive vocabulary of the Vampire gang.

The track itself is just as interesting as any Vampire Weekend track from their last album. There are several orchestral parts, in fact any ordinary instrumentation such as guitar or piano are difficult to identify. I would I describe this track as I would any other Vampire Weekend track - blissful. Non-assuming, light, and just blissful haha. One does wonder after the track has ended why they might have chosen this track as one of the first from Contra to introduce to the world as an mp3. It is nothing special, as far as Vampire Weekend songs go its very typical. I'm hoping it is not the most imaginative that Contra has in store for us. 2010 should open nicely though even if all the band gives us is Vampire Weekend Part II. Personally, however, I hope that the band attempts to expand their musical horizons. Only time will tell.

- Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment